Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Texan in New York City - #2

Howdy, everybody;

It's really interesting to me how I keep thinking about this trip to New York City from which I just returned. I find myself wanting to go back, to explore things at more leisure. NYC has a curious sort of fascination to me, now that I've actually seen it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'd ever want to live there. But it would be nice if I had the resources that would allow me to explore it a bit less hurriedly. I'd like to sit somewhere quiet and watch people go by for a couple of hours. I'd like to explore the museum a lot more.

They had a bomb scare at the New York Public Library yesterday, and it was interesting to see places I recognized on Fox News. (Turned out to be a sack of discarded clothing.)

All in all, a positive trip. I suspect we'll go again.

I plan to make a couple of more entries here about specific parts of our trip, such as our visit to the Statue of Liberty (some people actually do buy those foam hats), and Central Park, and the Museum of Natural History.

Have a nice day!

-Pop

No comments: