Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today is my youngest son’s birthday. We wish he was here, but life is how it is, not always how you wish it.

Today I saw the season’s first hummingbird and bumblebee, too.

I also restarted my exercise regimen - recumbent exercise bicycle.

This morning, I used a weed-burner (flame thrower) to try to burn an old oak log on my property. I’ve been trying to burn this log for years. No joy, I left the burner applied to the same spot of the trunk for half an hour, and still couldn’t get it to ignite.

Not much else going on today. But it was a pretty one. Spent a fair amount of time sitting on the front porch with my feet propped up, reading a book, and watching the cars go by on the highway. Just like my Pop used to do. I remember him fondly.

God is good.

-Pop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knowing that these kinds of days happen for you and Mrs. Pop helps me sleep better at night.

Knowing that you now possess a flame thrower makes me want to come visit even sooner lol.