Monday, February 18, 2008

The Eyes Have It...

Today I went to my regular optometrist to get my regularly scheduled eye exam. He confirmed that I do have the early stages of cataracts which I mentioned earlier. He tells me that I probably have around ten years before it’s a serious problem. My eyes are otherwise very healthy, with no sign of any other problem. He feels that now’s the time, from a medical standpoint.

So now I have a choice: buy new glasses and wait on the lens replacement, or go ahead and do it now. I think It’s going to be sooner rather than later. For those of you who don’t know, they can now correct your vision in the course of doing the lens replacement. This is very attractive to me. On the other hand, it will cost about as much as my next motorcycle would.

But I really, really want to throw away my glasses. I’ve been wearing them for 44 years, and in my current state I have to swap from regular to computer glasses probably 20 times a day. Which I hate.

Decisions, decisions... What would YOU do?

-Pop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You used to always be real quick to tell me to take care of myself because you only get one body. I'd suggest the same this go round. If it means a few less trips to Arkansas, then it's still totally worth it. Just let me know as soon as you schedule it cause I might want to make an appearance.

Besides, your dog would make a pretty lousy seeing eye dog. That's all I'm saying.