Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Switching from Windows to Macintosh - Chapter 12

Howdy, Everybody;

The Mac transition is essentially complete - I use the Mac for pretty much everything now.

The Logitech mouse problem has been interesting. I started using the VX Revolution again after using a wired mouse for a few weeks. The spontaneous reboot problem has not reoccurred. I noticed that the Logitech control panel software does not recognize the mouse. I tried to download the Logitech Control Center program, lcc213.dmg three different times. The Mac gives me a message that the file is not a complete disk image, and mounting it might damage my computer. So now I'm of the opinion that the problem is not the hardware, but the LCC program from Logitech is probably corrupt. They have not to date reposted an uncorrupt file to their website, even though about a week ago I emailed Logitech to advise them of the problem.

I've tried the trial version of Mariner Calc, which reputes to be able to read Excel files. It was able to pull in the data and equations from an Excel spreadsheet, but lost all graphs and formatting. I'm not impressed, so I'm not going to buy this product. Sigh. I guess I can either run Excel emulated, or buy the Mac version.

Y'all have a nice day!
-Pop

No comments: